About IST Austria
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria), is an international research institute in natural and mathematical sciences, located in Maria Gugging, Klosterneuburg, 20 km northwest of the Austrian capital of Vienna.
IST is offering fully-funded PhD positions in the natural and mathematical sciences in a world-class research environment on the outskirts of Vienna.
Students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology, neuroscience, mathematics, computer science, physics, and related areas are encouraged to apply. We offer internationally competitive salaries, full health benefits, and subsidized on-campus housing in the first year.
How to Apply?
IST Austria processes applications to its PhD program once a year. The application portal is available from this link.
Upload the following documents to the application portal:
- Statement of purpose that explains your research experience and your motivation for applying to the IST Austria PhD program. In your statement, specify up to three research groups you find the most interesting. At this stage, you do not need to contact potential supervisors.
- University transcripts and diplomas of all degree programs and all years you have attended and/or are currently enrolled in (in English and in original language)
- Contact information of 3 referees
All documents have to be submitted in English and copies of university transcripts also in their original language.
- Student open day: Nov 22, 2019
- Submit application: Oct 15, 2019-Jan 8, 2020
- Onsite interviews: Mar 2020
- Acceptance notification: Apr 2020
- Begin as a 1st year PhD student: Sept 2020