The Institute of Mathematical Sciences invites applications from eligible candidates for admission into the Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. Program in Physics for the academic session 2020-21.
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) (sometimes also referred to as Matscience) is a research center located in Chennai, India.
IMSc is a national institute for fundamental research in frontier disciplines of the mathematical and physical sciences: theoretical computer science, mathematics, theoretical physics, and computational biology. It is funded mainly by the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. program should have completed a Masters’s degree in Physics by the time they actually join the program.
- Applicants for the Integrated Ph.D. programme should have completed a Bachelors’s degree in Physics or a BE/BTech degree by the time they actually join the program.
- Admission to both of these programs is based on the candidate’s performance in Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) and to those who have qualified for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of UGC-CSIR NET examination or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
Please note the maximum JEST 2020 rank as under:
- 142 for Ph.D.
- 98 for Integrated Ph.D.
For admission into Ph. D. program, an applicant should be qualified for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). Please note that:
- Only those who have qualified for Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to apply.
- Those who have qualified for only Lecturership are not eligible.
- Please note that your CSIR rank should be 125 or below.
- Please note that you have to produce your letter from CSIR-UGC informing you of your qualification as JRF at the time of your interview.
GATE qualified candidates:
- Please note that you have to produce the valid Gate Score Card at the time of your interview.
- Please note that the rank should be 100 or below.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is April 15, 2020.
Phone Number: 91-44-22543100
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Ph.D., PG and Integrated PG Admissions at University of Hyderabad: Apply by May 3.