Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program at the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Ranchi, beginning of Autumn 2020. The program will be offered in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi, is one of the Indian Institutes of Information Technology, a chain of higher education institutes started by Government of India focused on Information Technology. It is an “Institute of National Importance”, declared by an act of parliament.
The applications are invited under the below-mentioned categories. All the applicants will be admitted only through the institute’s selection process. In general, the Selection Panel/ Director can relax and/or set higher criteria for selection of suitable candidates:
- Institute Research Scholar
- Sponsored Research Scholar
- Foreign Students Under any International Scholarship Scheme/ Exchange Program
- A candidate with M.Tech/ M.E from the institutes recognized by UGC/ AICTE/ Government with a consistently good academic record in relevant/ related discipline. The candidate should have first division or equivalent in M.Tech/ M.E and B.Tech/ B.E degree. Candidates seeking admission should have a valid score in GATE (in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication or related field) or completed M.Tech with GATE Score.
- The candidate has an undergraduate degree in engineering from IITs / NITs / IIITs is eligible for admission in Ph.D. under PMRF or any other government-funded scheme.
- The candidate has an undergraduate degree in engineering from IITs / NITs / IIITs having CGPA ≥ 8.5 is eligible for admission in the Ph.D. after qualifying institute wrote test and/ or interview.
The Institute may provide financial assistance in the form of teaching or research assistantship (referred to as Institute Assistantship) to full-time Ph.D. students who have qualified GATE or written test and/or interview conducted by IIIT Ranchi. Assistantships are awarded for a period of three years, extendable on a yearly basis by recommendation of DSC. The maximum duration of a scholarship will be five years from the date of pre-registration.
How to Apply?
- A Non-refundable application fee for each program for candidates is Rs. 1000/- for UR/ EWS/ OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ PC/ Women candidates.
- The application fee is to be paid by Payment Portal for Ph.D. Admission 2020-21 at SBI collect.
- To download the application form, click here.
- The duly completed application form along with self-attested copies of supporting documents/ testimonials/ certificates, payment receipt of the fee, etc. are required to sent by speed/ registered post to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi, Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli, Namkum, Ranchi-834010, Jharkhand, India.
- The envelope containing the application is super-scribed as “Ph.D. Admission (Full-time) in ECE/ CSE Department”.
- Candidates can also apply for more than one program.
- The last date to apply is July 15, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- M.Tech. in Electric Mobility & Master of Public Policy Admissions 2021 at IIT Delhi: Apply by June 30
- Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at ARIES, Uttarakhand: Apply by June 30