The National Insitute of Technology, Surat invites applications from meritorious and motivated candidates for admission into its Ph.D. program for the academic session 2020-21.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Applied Mathematics & Humanities (Maths, Management & English)
Candidates admitted into the Ph.D. can apply as per the following categories:
- Full-Time: Students who are willing to pursue research on a full-time basis.
- Part-Time: Institute Faculty, Staff, and Project Staff, Faculty & Project Staff working in any Technical Institution approved by AICTE, Candidates working in any Public/ Private Sector Organization.
The eligibility for the admission to a Ph.D. Programme in faculty of Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social Science as well as Interdisciplinary areas are as follows:
- A candidate shall possess a Master’s Degree in the relevant area of research and should have passed with at least a second class with a minimum of 50% (CGPA=5.5) or equivalent in respective Engineering faculty and 55% in other cases, like programs related to Humanities and Sciences.
- If a student of full-time M. Tech. Program at the Institute willing to change over to a Ph.D. Programme of the Institute, he may be permitted to do so in the beginning of the second year provided He / She has obtained a CGPA of 9.0 or above after having registered for the full credits of course work in each of the first and second semesters of M. Tech. program.
- Candidates, who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptionally good academic record (CGPA 9.0 / equivalent marks or higher) in prescribed discipline, will also be considered for direct admissions to a Ph.D. program subject to if He / She should be eligible for admission to an M.Tech/ M.E. program in a relevant stream by virtue of his excellent valid GATE score. He / She should be top 10% scorer of his/ her related branch.
- Full-Time research scholars paid by the Government/ Semi-Government Organizations such as CSIR, UGC, QIP, DAE, AICTE, etc will receive their stipend and contingency grants from their supporting organizations.
- Part-Time Institute Faculty/ Staff are expected to work for their Ph.D. Programs will fulfilling their normal duties.
- Full-Time Sponsored candidates are recipients of complete financial support.
How to Apply?
The candidates applying for admission in the Ph.D. program for the 2020 academic session will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1000 (for OP/OB) and Rs. 500 (for SC/ST) through the online payment portal of the institute.
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply online is June 5, 2020.
Phone Number: 0261 2201618
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2020 at IIITM Gwalior: Apply by May 26.