The National Institute of Puducherry invites applications from eligible and motivated candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program for the academic session 2020-21.
National Institute of Technology Puducherry (NITPy) offers research programs leading to the award of the Ph.D. degree. The Ph.D. program is broad-based and involves course credits requirement and a research Thesis. The institute also encourages research in interdisciplinary areas through a system of joint supervision and provides excellent opportunities for such programs.
The Ph.D. degree program is offered in various academic centers as follows:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physical Education
- Full-Time: Regular full-time scholars with institute fellowship/ JRF. The institute fellowship will be limited and shall be available on merit/ Sponsored candidates being an employee of a public sector undertaking/ Sponsored from industries under a bilateral agreement with the institute.
- Part-Time (On Campus): Regular / Full-time teachers/employees working in Govt. / Govt. aided / Private Engineering / Technology colleges or Science and Arts Colleges / Universities/ Industry / Public sector organization are considered under this category.
- Part-Time (External): Candidates working in reputed industry/organization having R & D facilities, Govt. R&D Departments / National Research Laboratories / Units of Government / Quasi-Government / Public sector / Organization having MoU with NIT Puducherry are considered under this category.
For Ph.D. in Engineering
Candidates with Master‟s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master‟s degree by Research (M.S. By Research) in Engineering/Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks OR Candidates with Bachelor‟s degree in Engineering/Technology from CFTI with valid GATE Score with a minimum of 90% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 9.5/10 in UG for admission under OC/ OBC category and 85% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 9.0 for SC/ST candidates.
For Ph.D. in Sciences/ Maths/ Physical Education
Candidates having Masters degree with First class in Bachelor’s or Master‟s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/ English/Physical Education in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or in PG for OC/ OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ ST candidates. A valid UGC/ CSIR/ NET/ GATE score is mandatory for the Institute fellowship.
The shortlisted candidates will be screened by written test and interview by the Departmental Selection Committee. The list of candidates recommended by the Departmental Selection Committee is sent to the Director for approval.
Admitted candidates will receive a fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- per month.
How to Apply?
- Candidates applying for the Ph.D. program need to pay a non-refundable application fee of ₹ 1000/- (₹500/- for SC/ST/PH) has to be paid through SBI Collect, which is to be mentioned in the application form.
- The filled up application form along with self-attested photocopies of mark sheets, degree certificates, community certificates, and the necessary enclosures in a sealed cover superscribing with “Ph.D. Application 2020” should reach “The Associate Dean (Academic), National Institute of Technology Puducherry, Thiruvettakudy, Karaikal –609 609”.
- The last date to apply is June 15, 2020.
- To download the application form, click here.
Phone Number: 04368-265235 (215)
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2020 at NIT Calicut: Apply by May 8 [Extended].