Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. Program of the Institute in Autumn (July) Semester of the Academic Year 2021-22.
Admissions will be given preferably to the applicants who are eligible for Institute fellowship or have qualified for external fellowships. However, admission may also be considered without fellowship. Students with an external fellowship like JRF-NET are especially encouraged to apply.
National Institute of Technology Rourkela, formerly Regional Engineering College Rourkela, is a publicly funded premier institute of higher learning for engineering, science, and technology located in the steel city of Rourkela, Odisha, India.
- Biotechnology and Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Earth and Atmospheric Science
- Food Process Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial Design
- Life Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Planning and Architecture
- Physics and Astronomy
- School of Management
The minimum qualification required for admission to Ph.D. programs in Engineering, Science, Planning & Architecture, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following:
- M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.Arch./ M.Des. in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class in both B.Tech. (M.Sc./ B.Pharm./ MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm./ MCA/ B.Arch. or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in relevant disciplines. For applicants with valid GATE/ NET/ GPAT score, the requirement may be relaxed by a maximum of 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- M.B.B.S. / B.V.Sc. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
- M.A./ MBA/ M.Com./ M.Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
The candidate should have qualified GATE/ CAT/ NET/ BET/ GPAT score or any National level eligibility test.
Candidates admitted to the Ph.D. program will be eligible for a fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- for the 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 35,000 for the next 3 years.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 500/- via SBI Collect. The last date to apply is July 7, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at NIT Trichy: Apply by July 9
- Ph.D. Admission 2021 at NIT Silchar: Apply by July 2