National Institute of Technology Patna invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programme through Institute Online Interview during Odd Semester (July-Dec’ 2021) for the Session 2021-22.
National Institute of Technology Patna, formerly Bihar School of Engineering and Bihar College of Engineering, is a public engineering institution located in Patna in the Indian state of Bihar. It was renamed as NIT Patna, by the Government of India on 28 January 2004.
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Science
- Full-Time Ph.D. Program
- JRF/ SRF working at NIT Patna
- Non-Ph.D. Regular Faculty and Faculty appointed on a consolidated salary of NIT Patna
Candidates with the following qualification will be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Program of the Institute:
- M. Tech/ M. E./ M. Arch/ M. Planning/ M. Design/ M.Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree in the relevant and related discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA (in a scale of 10) or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university. The Previous degree may also be in a related discipline.
- Candidates with M. Tech/ M.E/ M. Arch/ M. Planning/ M. Design/ M. Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree from IITs/ NITs/ CFTU/ SFTI or Central/ State University in relevant discipline are required to produce a proof of having qualified GATEI JA JEST/ CAT or equivalent national eligibility test while taking admission in the master degree in the relevant discipline OR has qualified in one of the national eligibility Test.
- The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/ NET National level Test qualification.
- B.Tech/ B.E./ B.Arch or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with First class, if not specifically mentioned by the Institution, then 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA with a valid GATE/ NET/ equivalent national eligibility test qualifying score is mandatory
How to Apply?
An application fee of Rs. 1500- for General/ OBC/ Ews/ Sponsored category and Rs. 750/- for SC/ ST/ PwD needs to be paid online. Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is July 22, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- M.Tech. in Electric Mobility & Master of Public Policy Admissions 2021 at IIT Delhi: Apply by June 30
- Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at ARIES, Uttarakhand: Apply by June 30