Applications are invited from eligible and meritorious candidates for Full Time/ Part-Time Ph.D. program in various departments at the Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal.
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal (MANIT or NIT Bhopal, NITB) is a public technical university located in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is part of a group of publicly funded institutions in India known as the National Institutes of Technology. It is named after Independent India’s first Minister of Education, scholar and independence activist Abul Kalam Azad who is commonly remembered as Maulana Azad.
Established in the year 1960 as Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT) or Regional Engineering College (REC), Bhopal, it became a National Institute of Technology in 2002 and was recognized as an Institute of National Importance under the NIT Act in 2007. The Institute is fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India is governed by the NIT Council.
- Civil Engineering (including Remote Sensing & GIS),
- Mechanical Engineering (including Production & Industrial Engineering),
- Electrical Engineering,
- Electronics & Communication Engineering,
- Applied Mechanics,
- Material Science & Metallurgical Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Architecture & Planning,
- Energy Engineering,
- Computer Science Engineering,
- Computer Application (MCA),
- Bioinformatics & Management Studies.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 65% marks (CGPA/GGPA 6.0) and Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 65% marks (CGPA/ GGPA 6.0) from a recognized university.
- In Management studies, the candidate must have an MBA degree or 2 years PGDM from MHRD/ AICTE/ UGC recognized Institute.
- Candidate should have GATE, NET & CAT qualified.
- Reservations are as per prevailing GOI norms.
- For reserved category students i.e. SC/ST/PwD a relaxation of 5% (0.5 in CGPA) is applicable.
Selection will be based on entrance test and/or interview as well as performance in graduation/ post-graduation GATE/ NET/ CAT conducted at the Institute level. Preference will be given to meritorious candidates with research aptitude. No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the same.
Selected candidates shall get Teaching Assistantship as per Institute Ph.D. ordinance and GoI norms except sponsored candidates.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Completed Application on the prescribed form will be accepted.
- The duly filled and completed application form in the prescribed format along with necessary supporting documents will only be considered.
- The completed form along with the non-refundable processing fee of Rs. 1500/- (Unreserved) and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates should be submitted to Assistant Registrar (Academic), MANIT Bhopal – 462003 up to 29th October 2020.
- The payment of processing fee is to be done only through SBI online “SBI Collect” into the account of the Director, MANIT, Bhopal.
- The envelope must contain the following header, “Application form for Ph.D. Admission in …………………………… Department” Applicant must submit separate applications if he/ she wishes to apply in different departments.
- Applications received after the due date will not be entertained. No individual communication via postal or e-mail shall be made regarding the test/interview by the institute.
- Candidates are advised to visit the institute website regularly for further updates.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IISER, Tirupati: Apply by Oct 20.