The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER ), Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program for Spring 2021. The selected candidates can do a Ph.D. in any of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Sciences.
Reservations for candidates will be as per Govt. of India norms. Eligible applicants of the Ph.D. program are encouraged to apply for the attractive Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship in addition to applying to IISER Kolkata regular admission.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata is an autonomous public research university in the science and education field located in Nadia district, West Bengal, India.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- CAFM (Centre for Advanced Functional Materials)
- Mathematics and Statistics
- For Biological Sciences: Applications are invited from motivated candidates having master’s degrees such as M.Sc/MS/ME/M.Tech/MVSc/MSc(Ag) degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) in any branch of biological sciences.
- For Chemical Sciences: Bright and motivated candidates who have passed an M.Sc. examination with a minimum of 55% marks in any field of Chemistry or Physics. Besides satisfying minimal eligibility criteria, the candidates must have CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship, or other equivalent fellowships.
- For Earth Sciences: MS/ M.Sc./M. Tech (with minimum of 55% marks) in Geology/ Applied Gaeology/ Geophysics/ Earth Sciences/ Marine Geology/ Environmental Sciences/ Environmental Studies/ Atmospheric Science/ Environmental Engineering/ Civil Engineering or any other branch of Geological sciences.
- For Physical Sciences: Masters degree with at least 60% aggregate marks in any field of Physical Sciences.
- For CAFM: Bright and motivated candidates who have obtained M.Sc. and/or M.Tech. degree with a minimum of 55% marks in the areas of Chemistry, Physics, or Biology. Unless specified, the candidates must have CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship, or other equivalent fellowship.
- For Maths and Statistics: A Master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale OR A Master’s degree in Statistics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
How to Apply?
To apply online for the Ph.D. Programs, click here. The last date to apply is November 3, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions (December 2020) at IIT Guwahati: Apply by Nov 10.