NIT Mizoram invites admission applications for PhD Program for the year 2021. Applications are invited for Ph.D Programme in various Departments. Last date of submission of application (soft copy only) is 10th February 2021.
Dept & Specialization
- Civil Engg: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering, Transportation Engineering.
- Computer Sc & Engg: Data mining, information retrieval, computational Biology, Machine learning, Deep learning.
- Electronics & Comm Engg: Nanoelectronics, Semiconductor Devices, Nanomaterials, Optoelectronic devices. Microwave Communication, Microwave Devices, Communication, Adhoc communication networks, mobile networks, microwave imaging, bio-electronics, system design, nano-device characterization. Microwave signal processing, High frequency solid state devices, Antenna and metamaterials.
- Electrical & Electronic Engg: Power Electronics & Machine Drives, Power System, High Voltage.
- Mechanical Engg: Fluid and Thermal Engineering.
- Physics: Material Science
- Chemistry: Colloids, Surfactants, Amphiphilic drugs, Catalysis, Nanomaterials.
- Mathematics: Vector Optimization, Fuzzy optimization, stochastic optimization, nonsmooth optimization, fractional differential equations. Fluid Dynamics, Vector Optimization, Fuzzy optimization, stochastic optimization, nonsmooth optimization, fractional differential equations.
- English: Indian writing in English, Dalit Literature, Ecofeminism, Regional Literature, Post-colonial writings, Cultural Studies, Gender Studies, Popular Culture.
Ph.D. in Engineering:
Masters Degree in the area of Engineering/Technology from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations. GATE score is compulsory for Full Time Regular candidate. OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 or 70% of marks and with a valid GATE score.
Ph.D. in Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics):
Master’s degree in the area of Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET/GATE. NET/GATE shall not be compulsory for Sponsored, Self-Financed, Project-Staff and Part-Time categories. No Institute scholarship to be awarded for these type of students.
Ph.D. in HSS (English/Economics):
Master’s degree English/Economics from a Recognized University/Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale or 55% marks in the qualifying examinations and qualify the NET.NET shall not be compulsory for Sponsored, Self-Financed, Project-Staff and Part-Time categories. No Institute scholarship to be awarded for these type of students.
- Application form can be downloaded from Institute website (www.nitmz.ac.in).
- Self-attested copies of necessary supporting documents and receipt of online payment (of Rs. 200/- for General/OBC OR 100/- for SC/ST); in favour of “Registrar, NIT Mizoram” payable at SBI, Bawngkawn Branch, Aizawl shouldbe attached with filled in application form. Transaction ID should be clearly mentioned in the Application Form.
- Receipt of the soft copy of filled-in application form and the supporting documents by email: 5th February, 2021 up to 5:00 PM.
- Display the list of provisionally shortlisted candidates: 9th February 2021 (Tentative).
- Submission of hard copy of application and the supporting documents, verification of the documents: Will be announced in the website.
- Method of selection, verification of documents, etc. shall be decided by the competent authority and the information in this regard shall be uploaded in the Institute website. Written Test, Interview and document verification, etc. to be conducted by concerned Departments.
- Display of Final list of Selected Candidates: 13th February 2021 (Tentative).
- Online Payment of fee and online registration for selected students: 14thto 15th February 2021(Tentative).
- Start of Semester: 15thFebruary 2021(Tentative).