The Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Uttarakhand invites applications for the Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at the institute,
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) is a leading research institute in Nainital, Uttarakhand. The institute specializes in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Atmospheric Sciences. It is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, the institute is situated at Manora Peak (1,951 m (6,401 ft)), about 9 km from Nainital, a popular hill station.
- M. Sc. Physics with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ ST. A Post-graduation degree should be from a UGC-recognized college/ University.
- The candidate should have passed M. Sc. on or after 2019. Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish proof of M. Sc. qualification at the time of joining.
- Age limit: 28 years as of July 1, 2021 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1993). The upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
- Applicants should have CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics/Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Science (2019/20) -OR- GATE – 2020/GATE -2021 qualified in Physics/Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences -OR- having to INSPIRE fellowship.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in GATE/ CSIR, UGC-NET, and M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES. Fulfilling minimum qualifications does not guarantee a call for an interview.
- Candidates with external fellowships (CSIR-JRF, DST Inspire) may be given preference.
Rs 31000/- per month (JRF); Rs 35000/- per month (SRF).
|Online Application Opening Date||1200 Hrs, 11/06/2021|
|Online Application Closing Date||1200 Hrs, 30/06/2021|
|List of candidates called for online interview||06/07/2021|
|Last date to confirm online interview||09/07/2021|
|Online Interview Dates (tentative)||Mid of July, 2021|
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
You might also be interested in: