The Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab invites applications from meritorious candidates for admission into various Ph.D. Programs for the academic session 2020-21.
The award of the Ph.D. Degree is in respect of high achievements, independent research, and application of scientific knowledge to the solution of scientific and technical problems. The admission to the Ph.D. program (Part-Time/Full Time) will be strict as per institute rule.
Admission to Ph.D. Programmes is available in the following categories:
- Full Time (with fellowship)
- Full Time (without fellowship)
- Part Time
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Humanities (English)
- Food Engineering & Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Degree holders or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, should be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates is applicable.
Admission to the Ph.D. programs will be based on a Two-Stage Process through:
- An Entrance test (SET-V) shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50% (45% for SC/ST/PWD/OBC NCL).
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject-specific.
- The Entrance Test shall be conducted at SLIET only.
- An Interview wherein the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee.
The eligible candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) NET with fellowship / NET(ASRB) with fellowship / State level eligibility test(SLET/SET) with fellowship/ GATE are exempted from giving the entrance examination.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 11, 2020, and the entrance exam will be held on July 5, 2020.