The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research invites applications from meritorious candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program for the academic sessions 2020-21. The Admission to the Ph.D. courses conducted at the Institute is made twice a year. The sessions commence from the first January and the first of July each year.
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research was conceived and planned in 1960 to create in Chandigarh an “ISLAND OF EXCELLENCE” providing physical and intellectual milieu for young scientists working in multiple disciplines of medicine.
A Candidate seeking admission to the course for study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- Medical Qualification: MBBS/MDS/Master of Physiotherapist with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. Candidates who have obtained MBBS/ MD/ MS / MDS/ Master of Physiotherapist degree from Medical Colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- Non Medical/ Life Sciences/ Social Behavioral Sciences: The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent/examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC are eligible.
- Non-Medical/ Life Sciences: A degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) or M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics), ME/ M.Tech.
- Social Behavioral Sciences: The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioural Sciences, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development. MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food & Nutrition, Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH.
Rs. 25000/- P.M. (fixed) and additional thesis grant of Rs. 5000/- (one time) is admissible. The candidate will not be entitled to DA/CCA. The number of PGI fellowships for each session is limited to 6-7 only. The candidates will be eligible for the award of PGI fellowship on the merit position obtained by them in the final selection of the Ph.D. program.
How to Apply?
- To apply online, click here.
- Candidates are requested to take the printout of the duly filled Online Application Form by logging in with your login id and password.
- It is mandatory for all the Ph.D. applicants to submit a print out of duly filled online form (along with (recommendations of the concerned faculty member of PGIMER, Chandigarh under whom he/she wants to pursue his/her Ph.D.) and required certificates in Room No. 308, 2nd Floor, Training Branch, Kairon Block, PGI, Chandigarh at least 15 days before the date of the entrance exam.
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application: May 16, 2020
- Date & Time of Online Exam (CBT): June 14, 2020
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Post-Doctoral Fellowships at Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad: Apply by June 30.