Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for admission to Ph. D Program of the Institute in Spring Semester 2019-20 commencing from January 2020. Admissions will be given preferably to the applicants who are eligible for Institute fellowship or have qualified for external fellowships. However, admission may also be considered without fellowship. Students with an external fellowship like JRF-NET are especially encouraged to apply.
- Biotechnology and Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Earth and Atmospheric Science
- Food Process Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Planning and Architecture
- Physics and Astronomy
- School of Management
- Life Sciences
The minimum qualification required for admission to Ph. D programs in Engineering, Science, Planning & Architecture, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following:
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class in both B.Tech. (or M.Sc./B.Pharm/ MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in relevant disciplines. For applicants with valid GATE/NET/GPAT score, the requirement may be relaxed up to 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
- M.A./ MBA/ M.Com. / M. Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
- For 1st and 2nd year: Rs. 31,000/- p.m.
- For 3rd, 4th & 5th year: Rs. 35,000/- p.m.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online for the Ph.D. program by clicking here.
- Candidates are requested to Take print-out of the online application form and send the same along with the DD/BC by Regd./Speed Post [not by hand or courier] to the following Address – Asst. Registrar [Academic] National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha – 769 008.
- The last date to apply online is December 8, 2019.
Phone Number: 0661-2464000