Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. Programme in the following Disciplines for January Academic Semester 2020 Session.
The Institute admits Ph.D. students under the following Categories:
- Sponsored (Full Time)
- Self-sponsored (Full Time)
- Project Staff (JRF-externally funded project)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ECE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Humanities and Social Sciences
The candidates for Ph.D. Programme may be offered admission, based on certain minimum academic requirements to be satisfied by the candidates as given below:
- Engineering and Technology: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the University/Institute. OR, Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology or MSc/MCA (wherever applicable) in related areas with an excellent academic record, with a CPI equivalent to 70% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the University/Institute with valid GATE score.
- Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics): Master Degree in Science in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the University/Institute with NET or valid GATE score.
How to Apply?
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled in the application form to Admission-in-charge – PG and Research National Institute of Technology Manipur Langol, Imphal – 795004 Manipur, India.
- The syllabus for the entrance examination will be the GATE syllabus of the concerned discipline or syllabus prescribed by the concerned departments.
- Assistantship to the regular students (NET/GATE or equivalent) as per MHRD rules may be given subject to availability of funds.
- All other cases, not covered in Ph.D. Ordinances shall be referred to the Senate.
- All disputes pertaining to the counseling and admission for the Ph.D. program of NIT Manipur shall fall within the jurisdiction of Imphal, Manipur only.
Phone Number: 0385 2058566
Email ID: email@example.com