Applications are invited from suitable candidates to pursue doctoral research at NIBMG. The selected students are expected to work on human diseases with emphasis on gaining biological insights into disease mechanisms using clinical samples and appropriate models, both in silico and in vivo.
NIBMG is equipped with state of the art technologies which include single-cell sequencing and bulk DNA sequencing NGS platforms, extensive computational and bioinformatics facility, genetic engineering including cutting-edge CRISPR-Cas Genome editing laboratories, FACS (cell sorter), low and high-resolution imaging facility, Multiplex Elisa/ ALPHA-LISA, upcoming state-of-the-art zebrafish and proteomics facilities.
- Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of Infectious disease, Chronic Disease, and Cancer.
- Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics.
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Candidates in the general category must have secured at least 55% aggregate in the Master’s degrees. This will be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to successfully complete the Master’s degree.
- An applicant must have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (category I only), NBHM, BINC, and must have a valid award letter of Research Fellowship at the time of interview.
- Should have an MBBS or B.Tech (Biotechnology) with at least 55% marks along with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category.
- The online application will be accepted until 5 PM on the 15th of Nov, 2019.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for a formal interview to make the final selection. The interview will be on the 27th of Nov, 2019.
Phone Number: +91-33-29772151