Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program, starting in July 2020 in the following Departments.
The areas of research in IIT Patna are as follows:
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- For Ph.D. in Engineering: Candidates having M.Tech./M.E. degree in an Engineering/Technology, with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (from any Institute other than IITs) in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 8.0 or 75% of marks.
- For Ph.D. in Sciences: M.Phil.or Master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks. Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks.
- For Ph.D. in Humanities & Social Sciences: M.Phil.or Master’s degree in Arts/Commerce/Science in a relevant area with a minimum of 55%marks or equivalent. Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Design in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks.
The Institute assistantships will be available to eligible (Indian) students as per prevailing (MHRD, GoI) norms, as applicable from time to time. At present total emoluments are 31,000/- per month. Assistantships from external funding organizations will be available as per the terms and conditions of the concerned funding organizations.
How to Apply?
- The application fee of Rs. 300/- for General/OBC/EWS (Male) candidates and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PwD/Female (all categories) candidates, must be submitted online through SBI Collect.
- Candidates, applying for more than one department, must submit a separate application with a separate fee- payment for each application. The candidates are required to take the printout of the final submitted application generated online.
- They are NOT required to send the application by post.
- The duly signed hard copy of application along with self-attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared), caste certificate (if applicable), GATE /NET/Relevant certificate related to any fellowship, experience certificate, other testimonials (both sides) and printed e-receipt of online payment must be brought on the day of test/interview, failing which their candidature is liable to be rejected.
- To apply online, click here.
- The last date to apply is
April 7, 2020.May 10, 2020.
Phone Number: 06123028684
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org