Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program for the session 2020-21.
- Computer Science and Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Civil Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Materials Engineering,
- Humanities & Social Sciences,
The applicants for admission to the Ph.D. program shall be classified under any one of the following categories:
- Institute Research student/ candidate (Full Time)
- Full Time externally funded students (UGC, CSIR, GPAT, etc)
For Fulltime Ph.D. program at the Institute, a candidate must possess:
- A Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/ Technology along with a good academic record, Or
- Master’s degree in Science (with a good academic record) and a valid GATE score / UGC/CSIR-JRF/GPAT/ NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. Exemption under schemes as agreed by the IIT Council for students of NITs/ IITs/ IIITs/ IISERs/ IISc may be acceptable, Or
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptional academic record and a valid GATE score in the eligible discipline.
How to Apply?
Application Fee per department (non-refundable): Rs. 200 for General/Gen-EWS, Rs. 100 for OBC(NCL) category and NIL for SC/ST/PD category candidate. The candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. The last date to apply is April 25, 2020.
The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions as specified. Their Admission will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of call letters to the candidates will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
To apply online, click here.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org