Applications are invited online for admission to the Ph.D. Program for the Academic Year 2020-2021 starting from July 2020. Candidates from reserved categories, residents of J&K and women are encouraged to apply.
- School of Chemical & Biological Sciences
- School of Electrical Sciences
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Mathematics & Computer Sciences
- School of Mechanical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/ Science/ Arts or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates) OR A minimum CGPA/CPI of 6.0 on a scale of 10 (5.5 for SC/ ST/ PwD) or an equivalent to 6.0 on other corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than 10.
- B. Tech/M. Sc in Engineering/Technology/ Science/ Arts or equivalent degree with a minimum of 70% marks in aggregate (65% for SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates) OR A minimum CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a scale of 10 (6.5 for SC/ ST/ PwD) or an equivalent to 7.0 on other corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than 10.
Candidates should have a valid GATE Score in the relevant streams/ Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR Fellowship in the relevant streams.
Candidates having the last qualifying degree (i.e. B.Tech. or M.Tech. degree) from IITs with a CGPA/CPI score of 8 on a scale of 10 and above may be admitted to the Ph.D. program under TA or TAP positions through written test and/or interview.
How to Apply?
Applicants need to pay an Application fee of Rs. 200/-. Female candidates and SC/ST/PwD/EWS Category candidates need not pay the application fee.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Last date for submission of completed application forms: April 30, 2020
- Submission of shortlisted candidate details to the Academic Office: May 7, 2020
- Listing of shortlisted candidates on the website by the Department: May 9, 2020
- Start date for the Selection / Examination Process: Tentatively in 3rd week of June
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org