Applications are invited from meritorious candidates for admissions to a collaborative Ph.D. program which is being hosted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, and Monash University, Australia.
Students enrolled in the joint IITB-Monash Ph.D. program will be based at the Research Academy co-located at IIT Bombay in Mumbai, India.
- The Ph.D. program takes an average of 3.5 years of full-time study to complete (or part-time equivalent).
- Students will spend a minimum of 3 months but normally 6-12 months of their Ph.D. candidature at Monash University in Australia with their allocated co-supervisor.
- Students will receive a generous grant to facilitate this experience.
- Students will be connected with the IIT Bombay student population and will be eligible for the on-campus student accommodation.
- In addition to being supervised on their Ph.D. research, students will also be provided with professional development opportunities including research methodology and research leadership training.
- Students will also have the opportunity to attend major national and international conferences.
Eight key research themes have been identified:
- Advanced Computational Engineering, Simulation and Manufacture
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Clean Energy
- Biotechnology and Stem Cell Research
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Students in the joint IITB-Monash Ph.D. program will benefit from the following funding arrangements:
- Rs 372,000 per annum scholarship for the first two years.
- Rs 420,000 per annum after the first two years.
- A grant of up to A$25,850 per annum in Australia.
- A minimum of one year in Australia working with your Monash University co-supervisor (some projects may require you to be in Australia for a longer period of time or undertake more than one trip), Waiver of international student tuition fees at Monash University.
Exceptional students whose intended area of study aligns with the research priorities of the IITB-Monash Research Academy are invited to apply for the Joint Ph.D. program. The minimum entrance requirements for Ph.D. admission are:
- First-class or equivalent Master’s degree in a range of disciplines
- First-class Bachelor’s degree and a valid GATE score
Sound English language skills are required for academic programs at Monash University. Full documentary evidence in support of English Language Proficiency (ELP) must be submitted with applications for admission and scholarship. Monash University reserves the right to seek further documentary evidence of ELP.
Candidates without a valid GATE score or research fellowship can be considered for admission if they have a minimum of two years of professional experience. Competition for places is high and a competitive selection process is applied to all applicants.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 25, 2020.
Email ID: ts firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.