Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program at IISER Mohali in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences, and Humanities & Social Sciences, for the session beginning in August 2020. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
- Department of Biological Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters’s degree/B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be GATE/CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBTJRF/DBT-BINC/ICAR-NET/DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- Department of Chemical Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters degree in Chemistry/ Physics or equivalent with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PwD), and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire/equivalent national level fellowship.
- Department of Physical Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF/ JEST/ DST- Inspire fellowship in Physics. The student must have a good academic record in M.Sc. (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.)
- Departments of Mathematical Sciences: An applicant must apply through the NBHM Ph.D. Program for Ph.D. Program at IISER Mohali.
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters/ B.Tech/ M. Tech degree in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Environmental Biotechnology /Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Geophysics/ Meteorology/Hydrology/ Climate Sciences/ Statistics and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences: An applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Sociology /Anthropology / Geography / Modern Indian History / Urban History / Political Economy / Gender Studies /Urban Studies /English Literature / Development Studies/ South Asian studies. NOTE for HSS Department only.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is April 10, 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.