Ph.D. in IIM Ranchi is an academic program, which may require a minimum of four years to complete. Students have to undertake the first two years of rigorous course work, followed by at least two additional years for completing the research work with the dissertation. The first year of the course work is common with IIM Ranchi’s Post Graduate Programme and is aimed at providing a participant with a broad understanding of the field of management.
IIM Ranchi invites applications from meritorious candidates for entry into the Ph.D. Programme 2020 at the institute. The last date to apply is March 22, 2020.
Students can apply to the following areas of specialization:
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management (includes Business Communication, Business Ethics)
- Information Systems & Business Analytics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Master’s degree or Post Graduate Diploma or it’s equivalent in any discipline with first class
- B.Tech/ 4 Years Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent
- Any professional qualification such as CA/ ICWA/ CS with a B.Com/ Degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
In addition, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent) in all their public examinations starting with the secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics, though not mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process.
Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the program will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2020.
Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria stated above are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified in GATE, GRE, GMAT, and NET-JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization. Scores of any of these examinations including CAT taken during the last two years (i.e., on 1st July 2018 or after) will be considered valid for admission in Ph.D.
- Financial support for 4 years, extensible by an additional year if approved by the committee.
- Tuition Waiver for the entire program.
- Rent-free accommodation for both bachelors and married single students on campus. Married accommodation can be provided subject to availability. In case any married student is desirous of availing the facility of 02 bedroom accommodation, then 50% of the rent will be borne by the concerned student.
- A stipend of Rs 30000 per month for the first two years.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is March 22, 2020.
Phone Number: +91 651 2280113
Email ID: email@example.com