The Indian Institute of Information Technology Tiruchirappalli (IIITT) invites applications from meritorious candidates for admission into its Ph.D. program in the following Departments.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Tiruchirappalli (IIITT) is one of the 19 IIITs established under the non-profit Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Model by MHRD, Government of India, through an Act 74 of 2017 of Parliament. The Institute was established in the year 2013-14. IIIT is an Institute of National Importance and Autonomous Academic Institute funded by Govt. of India, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, and Industry Partners.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Candidates will be admitted to the Ph.D. program of the Institute under one of the following modes:
- Full Time: Regular full-time scholars without fellowship / JRF fellowship / Sponsored scholars being employees of Defense organization, Research & Development organization, a private industry /institution having MoU with IIIT Tiruchirappalli.
- Part-Time: Regular / Full-time teachers / employees working in Govt./ Govt. aided /Private Engineering/ Technology colleges or Science and Arts Colleges/ Universities / Industry / Public sector organizations are considered under this category. At the time of application, the candidate must submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the Parent College / Organization.
For Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree by Research (M.S. By Research) in Engineering/ Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG or PG for admission under OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with valid GATE Score with a minimum of 90% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 9.5/10 in UG for admission under OC/OBC category and 85% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 9.0/10 in UG for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with 15 years of proven experience in reputed industries are eligible.
For Ph.D. in Humanities
Candidates with First class Bachelor or First class Master degree in Sciences/Humanities in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or in PG for OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 in UG / PG for SC/ST candidates. A valid UGC/CSIR/NET score is mandatory for full-time candidates to avail of fellowship.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
After successful submission in the online portal, download the application form and send the hard copy of the application form along with self-attested photocopies of mark sheets (SSLC, HSC, UG & PG), degree certificates (UG & PG), community certificate, Research Proposal(Max 500 Words), No Objection Certificate (If applicable) and the necessary enclosures to the mentioned address below. The Admission Officer, Indian Institute of Information Technology Tiruchirappalli, NIT Campus, Tanjore Main Road (NH67), Tiruchirappalli –620 015.
The last date to apply online is April 13, 2020.
Phone Number: 0431- 2500539
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org