IIIT Naya Raipur invites applications for admission to the Ph.D. Programs in all disciplines of Engineering, Science, English, and Management. The goal of the Ph.D. program at IIIT-NR is to prepare the scholars for becoming a global academic, industrial and R&D leaders.
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
For all the following categories, all the applicants will be admitted only through the institute’s selection process:
- Institute Scholar: An applicant who joins Ph.D. at IIIT Naya Raipur under this category gets a financial assistantship from the Institute. In the current cycle of advertisement, this category is restricted to CSE, ECE, Physics, Humanities, and Management.
- Individual Fellowship: An awardee of research fellowship from some recognized funding agency (CSIR/ UGC/ DAE/ NBHM/ DST/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR etc.) is eligible for admission under this category. The admission requirements are the same as that of the Institute Scholars.
- Sponsored Category: An applicant of this category is sponsored by his/her employer. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to relieve the applicant to enable residential requirements of the Ph.D. program and also provide necessary facilities for carrying out the research.
- Project Staff:: Staff working on a sponsored project in IIIT Naya Raipur is eligible for applying for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- On Deputation: This category refers to an applicant who is deputed from Government or academic institutions on study leave for a period not less than three years for pursuing a Ph.D. program at the Institute. No financial support from IIIT Naya Raipur is admissible.
The minimum educational qualification for admission is a Master’s degree with a consistently good academic record in relevant discipline. The candidate should have first division or equivalent in both Bachelor and Master level degree.
All candidates seeking admission under Institute Scholar category shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in the qualifying examination given below:
- Ph.D. (Engineering)- GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET
- Ph.D. (Science, Management)-GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/NBHM
- Ph.D. (HSS)- UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET
The minimum duration of the Ph.D. Program (excluding dropped semester(s)/maternity leave) is 3 years (36 months) from the date of joining. All Ph.D. students have to stay within the campus during the entire period of the Ph.D. program. However, special permission, on a case to case basis, may be considered by the competent authority for staying outside the campus.
How to Apply?
To apply online for the Ph.D. Program, click here. The last date to apply is April 17, 2020.
- Closure of online applications: 17th April , 2020
- Display of list of shortlisted candidates: 15th May, 2020
- Written test and Interviews: 15th June, 2020
- Announcement of results: 22nd June, 2020
- Reporting at IIITNR: by 15th July, 2020
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org