The Center for Nano & Soft Matter Sciences, Bangalore invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for admission into its Ph.D. program for the year 2020-21.
The Centre is recognized by Mangalore University and Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). The students who enroll for the Ph.D. program at the Center, obtain their degree awarded by Mangalore University/ MAHE.
The Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS) is an autonomous research institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. DST provides core support to the Centre in the form of a grant-in-aid for conducting basic and applied research in nano and soft matter sciences. CeNS is located at Jalahalli, Bengaluru.
- Carbon Nanomaterials: Turbostatic graphene, Graphene oxide-based inorganic core-shell materials.
- Nanoporous organic-inorganic hybrids
- Morphology controlled metal nanocrystallites
- Magnetic nanoparticles and oxide thin films; Oxide electronics
- Soft hybrid nanomaterials and devices
- Eligible candidates who have cleared the Master’s program in Physics/ Chemistry/Materials Science/ Nano Science and Technology (at least 60% aggregate marks for general category and 55% for SC/ST candidates) and also qualified in CSIR – UGC NET (JRF) / GATE / JEST examinations or INSPIRE fellows are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with specialized in Condensed Matter Physics, Electronics/ Materials Science/ Organic, Inorganic, Physical or General Chemistry at the Master’s Level are encouraged to apply.
- Students who have appeared for the final examination and expect to obtain their results before July 31, 2020, can also apply.
The Centre also encourages motivated candidates from recognized R&D organizations, academic institutions, government organizations as well as from industries to join the Ph.D. program at the Centre on a full-time basis. He / She must be a regular employee of the sponsoring organization and need not necessarily be qualified in any National Eligibility Test.
They are expected to apply through proper channel by submitting a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the employer along with the application. In the event of selection, a sponsorship letter from the organization will also be required at the time of admission. The Centre does not provide any fellowship or financial assistance to such candidates. Research expenses including fees are to be met through sponsorship only.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is April 20, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org