Applications are now invited from meritorious and eligible candidates for Ph.D. Admissions into various departments at IIT Dharwad.
- Bioscience and Biotechnology
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Teaching Assistantship (TA): Funded by MHRD, the TAs are expected to assist in the academic/administrative work for the smooth functioning of the Institute. Students under this category are entitled to financial support as per the MHRD norms.
- Project Staff-Teaching/Research Assistantship through Project (PS-TAP/RAP): The students under this category receive financial support from sponsored projects. The candidates do not have to indicate their preference for TAP separately. The rate of stipend, the admission procedure, and other requirements are the same as applicable to TA.
- Govt./Semi Govt. Fellowship Award (FA): These students are financially supported under various Govt. / Semi Govt. schemes like CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, PMRF or DST INSPIRE, etc. and some other organizations. The admission procedure and other requirements are the same as applicable to TA.
- Externally sponsored research scholars Ph.D. (EX): The candidates employed in recognized R&D organizations and desirous of pursuing a Ph.D. program while in employment may apply for admission as external candidates. The option of external registration is for applicants who are working in well-equipped scientific institutions, laboratories, R&D establishment.
- M.Tech. /M.Phil. /MSc. or equivalent in Bioinformatics/ Chemistry/Biotechnology/Microbiology/or other allied biology subject, Computer Science/Electrical Engineering.
- A valid GATE score.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/UGC/NBHM/ DBT/ICAR/ICMR/ ICPR/PMRF or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
Students who are in the final phase of receiving above mentioned qualifying degree and who are likely to graduate before the commencement of Autumn 2020 semester of IIT Dharwad are also eligible to apply. However, if offered, the admission to those candidates would be provisional.
To join the academic program at IIT Dharwad, such candidates need to furnish necessary documents regarding the completion of the degree on the date of joining.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the Ph.D. program need to pay an online application fee of Rs. 200/-. Women candidates and SC/ST/PwD candidates need to pay an online fee of Rs. 100/- only.
The transaction details like UTR/ITR/Transaction Number with the date are to be necessarily provided in filling up the Online Application Form. The Application Form without valid online payment details will not be considered. Application FEE is Non-Refundable. To apply online, click here.
The last date to apply online is May 5, 2020.
For further details, click here.