IIM Sambalpur is commencing its second batch of the doctoral program leading to a “Doctorate of Philosophy” (Ph.D.) degree, in the academic year 2020-21. This Ph.D. Program of IIM Sambalpur recognizes the importance of research and embodies commitment towards a world-class management research Institute and preparing individuals for faculty positions at leading universities across the globe.
The Ph.D. Programme admits students who have a strong academic background, are highly motivated and who have the intellectual curiosity to undertake original research. The doctoral program prepares students for a career in academia or research positions in the industry.
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Finance & Accounting Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Policy & Strategic Management
- Information System Management
- Marketing Management
The candidate must hold, subject to the condition laid down below, As per MHRD guidelines:
- Master’s Degree (i.e. Bachelor’s Degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a Master’s Degree) or Post Graduate Diploma (2 years) in any discipline or Integrated (Dual) Degree from IITs/IIMs/Other reputed Universities, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Bachelor’s as well as 60% in the Master’s Degree.
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with B. Com Degree, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the professional degree as well as in the B. Com Degree.
- A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering/B. Arch) with at least 6.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or equivalent percent marks.
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) and Persons-with-Disabilities will be given a 5% relaxation in the minimum marks requirement.
Candidates applying for Ph.D. program are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT. CAT 2017,2018 & 2019 is valid for 2020 PhD Admission at IIM Sambalpur. Alternatively, those who have GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF (UGC/CSIR) taken during the last two years will be considered valid for 2020Admission.
Selection will be based on Test Score, Personal Interview, Academic Qualifications, Relevant work experience, Research Aptitude, Publications, and Reference Letter.
- IIM Sambalpur provides a comprehensive fellowship that covers all academic expenses including tuition, computer, library, medical insurance, placement, and alumni fees.
- In addition, a monthly subsistence allowance of Rs.35,000/- (Slab A) for first and second years, and Rs. 40,000/- (Slab B) after submitting the TAC approved thesis proposal will be provided till 4 years.
- A maximum of two six-month extensions may be provided subject to the recommendation of Competent Authority.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The completed application form together with all the relevant documents (self-attested) should reach the Ph.D. Admission Office, Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur, Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur – 768019, Odisha by April 26, 2020 (extended). The Envelope should be super scribed as “Application for Ph.D. 2020” through Speed Post and also by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details, click here.