Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program at the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Ranchi, beginning of Autumn 2020.
The program will be offered in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
The applications are invited under the below-mentioned categories. All the applicants will be admitted only through the institute’s selection process. In general, the Selection Panel/ Director can relax and/or set higher criteria for selection of suitable candidates:
- Full-Time Research Scholar: An applicant who joins Ph.D. at IIIT Ranchi under this category gets a financial assistantship from the Institute.
- Self-Financed Research Scholar: An awardee of research fellowship from some recognized funding agency (CSIR/ UGC/ DAE/ NBHM/ DST/DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR etc.). They shall not receive any financial support from the institute in any form.
- Sponsored Category: An applicant of this category is sponsored by his/her employer.
- On-Deputation: This category refers to an applicant who is deputed from Government or academic institutions on study leave for a period not less than three years, extendable up to four years, for pursuing a Ph.D. program at the Institute. They shall not receive any financial support from the institute in any form.
- Aspiring Students in Higher Academics: This category is specially designated to the fresh graduates from IIT’s/NIT’s/IIIT’s/ CFTI’s. They shall not receive any financial support from the institute in any form.
Candidates applying for the Ph.D. Program should possess a M.Tech/B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent in Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology/ Software Engineering/ Electronics and Communication/ Telecommunication/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Electronics/ Electronics and Electrical with a consistently good academic record in relevant discipline. The candidate should have first division or equivalent in both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
Candidates seeking admission, should have a valid score in GATE / UGC-NET / CSIR-NET (in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication or related field) or completed M.Tech with Gate Score.
- The Financial assistance of Rs. 31,000/- per month for 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 35,000/- per month for 3rd and 4th year will be offered to Ph.D. Students based on Institute/ GOI rules.
- Sponsored candidates are not eligible for any financial assistantships.
How to Apply?
- A Non-refundable application fee for each program for candidates is Rs. 1000/- for UR/ EWS/ OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ PC/ Women candidates.
- The application fee is to be paid by Payment Portal for Ph.D. Admission 2020-21 at SBI collect.
- To download the application form, click here.
- The payment receipt and application form in the prescribed format along with supporting documents in a single PDF should be sent on or before June 26, 2020, to the Email id: email@example.com.
- The Email subject should be super scribed as “Ph.D. Admission (Full-time/Part-time) in ECE/CSE Department”.
- The Ph.D. admission will be based on the GATE score and/or written test and/or interview by the respective departments.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in M.Tech & M.Sc Admissions 2020 at IIST, Trivandrum: Apply by June 8.