IIT Dharwad invites admission applications for PhD Programme Spring semester 2020-21. The last date of online admission application is 22 Nov 2020.
IIT Dharwad admits Ph.D. candidates under the full time research scholarship or Teaching Assistantship (TA) and part-time externally sponsored research scholars. However, each department may not have opening in all the following modes of support.
Dept & Eligibility
- Dept of Bioscience & Bioengineering: M.Tech./M.Phil./MSc or equivalent in Bioinformatics/ Chemistry / Biotechnology/ Microbiology or other allied biology subject, Computer Science / Electrical Engineering.
- Dept of Chemistry: M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry and other related areas. The candidates must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements: Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ DST INSPIRE/ DBT/ MHRD/ ICMR or any other funding agencies.
- Dept of Computer Sc & Engg: M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Computer Science and Engineering or any related stream.
- Dept of Electrical Engg: M.Tech., MS, ME or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, MSc in Mathematics and Statistics with valid GATE or NET scores or any related stream.
- Dept of Mechanical Engg: M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc.(Engg.) or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent stream.
- Last Date to apply online: 22-Nov-2020
- Announcement of shortlist and Online Interview Schedule (tentatively): 24-Nov-2020
- Online Interview ends: 11-Dec-2020
- Declaration of final list of selected candidates: 18-Dec-2020
- Spot admission starts: 26-Dec-2020
- Spot admission closes: 28-Dec-2020
Funded by MHRD, the TAs are expected to assist in the academic/administrative work for smooth functioning of the Institute. Students under this category are entitled to financial support as per the MHRD norms.
- For students with M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc.(Engg.)/M.Phil. or equivalent degree as the qualifying degree, the assistantship is payable for a maximum duration of 5 years or up to the thesis submission, whichever is earlier. At present, the monthly rate of the assistantship is ₹31,000 for the first 2 years and enhanced rate of ₹35,000/- for the remaining 3 years and HRA as per rules.
- To get the Teaching Assistantship, the students concerned must assist in teaching, research and/or administrative work as assigned by the respective Academic Unit to the extent of 8 hours of work per week.
- The continuation of the assistantship will be subject to the satisfactory performance of the duties assigned by the Departments as well as satisfactory academic performance.
- As per MHRD directives, the employees on the rolls (with or without pay) of any organization are not eligible for admission under this category. Candidates selected in this category have to resign from the current job and submit a relieving letter from their employer before joining the programme.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to apply via online mode of application.
- Registration fee: Women candidates ₹100/-, SC/ST/PwD category candidates ₹100/- and All other candidates ₹200/-