Applications are invited for the Ph.D. Admission Physics and Biophysical Sciences at the Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics starting from 2019-20 Session. Apply by May 5.
The programme starts with a pre-Ph D course work, popularly known as Post M.Sc. programme.
About the Institute:
The Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics is an institution of basic research and training in physical and biophysical sciences located in Bidhannagar, Kolkata, India. The institute is named after the famous Indian physicist Meghnad Saha.
- Physics: M.Sc. degree in Physics.
- Biophysical Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Physics /Chemistry /Life Sciences (with Mathematics at 10+2 level).
- Students appearing in the final examinations for their M.Sc. degrees during the current academic session may also apply. However, their admission will be made provisional.
- The first screening will be made based on previous academic records of the applicants.
- A further shortlisting of candidates will be made based on the performance in the nation-wide screening test as mentioned below:
For Physics: Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), GATE in Physics, CSIR/UGC NET for JRF in Physics.
For Biophysical Sciences: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) conducted by NCBS-TIFR, CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR NET for JRF, GATE in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Physics, and Chemistry. A written entrance test may be conducted for students of Chemistry.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for the next level of selection procedure including an interview process to be held at SINP (during May-June 2019).
- SINP fellowships for candidates who are selected through JEST, JGEEBILLS, GATE:
- ₹25,000/- p.m. for the first two years.
- ₹28,000/- p.m. for subsequent years.
2. Extramural fellowships awarded by external funding authorities of Govt of India (UGC, CSIR NET, DBT, and ICMR) for candidates who are selected through NET.
Click here to apply.
May 5, 2019.
Email: pmsc.bio[at]saha.ac.in, pmsc.exptphys[at]saha.ac.in, pmsc.theophys[at]saha.ac.in