Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. (Full Time-with External Fellowship) & Ph.D. (Part Time) Programme in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management for the Even Semester of the Academic Year 2020-21. The details viz. Broad areas of Research, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Teaching Assistantship-cum-Scholarships etc. are given in this advertisement.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Textile Technology
- Humanities & Management
- Centre for Energy and Environment
- Engineering: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant area of research along with
Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with a first class or minimum 60% marks
(or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
- Science Departments (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics): Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science with a first class or minimum 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
- Humanities: Ph.D. (English Literature): Master’s degree In English or English Language Teaching with at least 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale.
- Ph.D. (Management): Master’s degree in Management or Commerce with at least 60% marks or a CGPA of
6.5 on 10 point scale.
- Last date for submission of Applications: 10.03.2021 by 5.00 PM
- Display of list of eligible candidates by the concerned HOD in theInstitute website: 12.03.2021
- Written Test (if required, in the respective Department. Reporting time 9:00 AM): 15.03.2021
- Display of list of candidates eligible for presentation & interaction: 15.03.2021 by 4:00 PM in the respective Departments
- Presentation/interaction by the candidates who have qualified the test: 16.03.2021
- Display of list of selected candidates: 16.03.2021-17.03.2021
- Deposition of fee & Registration: 17.03.2021-19.03.2021
- Commencement of classes in Online Mode: 22.03.2021
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Please submit separate application forms, if applying for more than one programme. An Application Fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates) is required to be paid online. The candidates are required to apply online and there is no requirement to send the Hard Copy of the application form to the Institute. Application fee shall not be refunded in any case.
No Stipend cum Teaching Assistantship/Scholarship and Contingency grant shall be given to the candidates admitted as under Ph.D. (Full-Time with external fellowship) & Ph.D. (Part-Time) Programme by the Institute.
However, Stipend cum Teaching Assistantship/Scholarship and Contingency grant to the candidate working under the Sponsored Projects coordinated by the faculty of the institute shall be given as per the terms and conditions of the project.