NIT Jalandhar invites applications for admission to PhD (Full Time & Part Time) Programme in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management for the Academic Year 2020-21 (Session July-2020).
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Textile Technology
- Humanities & Management
- Engineering Departments: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with a first class or minimum 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination. Direct Ph.D. admission is also available in case of candidate with B Tech/B.E./BS (4 year) with a CGPA of 8.0 and above on a 10-point scale or 75% aggregate from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI). All such candidates must be GATE qualified. Number of credit courses to be cleared will be 24 credits before comprehensive examination.
- Department of Biotechnology: “The Candidate should be B.E./B.Tech and/or M.E./M.Tech in the relevant branches of Engineering/Technology out of which either B.E./B.Tech. or M.E./M.Tech should be in Biotechnology. The candidates with M.Sc. in Biotechnology/Industrial Biotechnology/ Environment Biotechnology/ Biochemical Engineering/ Biochemical Technology/ Biomedical Technology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Bioinformatics with GATE/NET in Biotechnology are also eligible.
- Department of Chemical Engineering: The qualification for admission to PhD programme in the Department is Master Degree in Chemical Engineering or its allied branches. Master degree in Science (Chemistry or its equivalent) must have qualified in GATE/NET for scholarship. However, the candidate with Master degree in Science without GATE/NET can join in PhD (Part Time) Programme.
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering: The candidate should have Master’s degree in Science in related fields but more preference will be given to Master’s Degree in Science with Engineering (Ex. M.Sc Engg.). Interdisciplinary department candidates will also be allowed (Ex. CSE, Mechanical Engg./Chemical Engg. Etc.).
- Department of Textile Technology: The qualification for admission to PhD programme is M. Tech. in any discipline whereas B.Tech. should be in Textile Technology/Engineering.
- Science Departments: Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science with a first class or minimum 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
- Humanities: PhD (English Literature): Master’s degree In English or English Language Teaching with at least 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale. PhD (Linguistics): Master’s degree in Linguistics or English or English Language Teaching with at least 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale.
- Management: PhD (Management): Master’s degree in Management or Commerce with at least 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale.
- Last date for submission of Applications: 20.08.2020
- Display of list of eligible candidates by the concerned HOD in the Institute website: 26.08.2020
- Written Test (if required, in the respective Department. Reporting time 9:00 AM): 01.09.2020
- Display of list of candidates eligible for presentation & interaction: 01.09.2020 by 4:00 PM in the respective Departments
- Presentation/interaction by the candidates who have qualified the test: 02-03.09.2020
- Display of list of selected candidates: 07.09.2020
- Deposition of fee & Registration: 07.09.2020
- Commencement of classes: Shall be notified on the Institute website
The link to fill the online application form can be accessed through Institute via this page. Submit separate application forms, if applying for more than one programme. An Application Fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) is required to be paid online. The candidates are required to apply online and there is no requirement to send the Hard Copy of the application form to the Institute.