Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune invites applications for admission to its Ph.D. Programmes for the July 2019 batch.
DIAT is Technological Institute of National repute for higher learning. The Institute imparts education and training in Advanced Technologies used for Tri-services, DRDO, DPSUs, etc. DIAT found its roots in 1952, as a training institute has grown over the years into a premier teaching and research institute for DRDO and the Armed Forces.
DIAT offers admission to Ph.D. (full-time) in the frontier areas of:
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electronics Engineering.
- Computer Science & Engineering.
- Applied Physics.
- Applied Mathematics.
- Materials engineering.
- Applied Chemistry.
- A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA.
- A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PWD – (Divyang) categories.
- The qualifying degrees are:-
a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/ Science.
b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science.
- Candidate should have qualified at a national level test such as CSIR/UGC NET, GATE, Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, NBHM, etc; OR
- A candidate who is a recipient of National Doctoral Fellowship or other fellowships from government/semi-government organization such as CSIR, UGC, INAE, AICTE, DST, DBT, DRDO, DAE, and similar organizations.
- Age limit: Not above 30 years as on July 1, 2019.
Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the department concerned followed by a personal interview.
How to apply?
- Click here for the online application.
- A print out of the application has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, superscribed ‘Application for Admission toPh.D.D Programme in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with online generated receipt/Demand Draft and self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials.
- GEN, OBC & EWS category: Rs. 500.
- For women & Reserved Category (SC/ST/PWD): Rs. 250.
- Last Date for accepting online application form: 23 Apr 2019.
- Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application: 30 Apr 2019.
- Tentative Date of Interview/Written Test: 3rd/4th week of May 2019.
- Tentative date of commencement of the programme: 1st Week of July 2019.