The University of Calcutta Department of Chemical Technology is inviting applications for Admission in Ph.D. (Tech) Programme (RET 2019) in Applied Chemistry, Ceramic Engineering, Oil Technology, Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg. and Pharmaceutical &m Fine Chemical Tech.
The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules.
(A)Candidates having a degree in Bachelor of Technology or Master of Science (without
NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (selection through Entrance Test & Interview).
(B) Candidates having a degree in Master of Technology or Equivalent or Master of Science
(with NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (Selection through Interview only).
- The Ph.D. Entrance test will be of 50 marks (duration 1 hr.) consisting of both Multiple
Choice Questions (MCQ) and short questions.
- The successful candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection.
- Declaration of names of selected candidates to be notified later (Subject to approval by
the Honorable Vice Chancellor).
- Ceramic Engineering – 02.
- Oil Technology – 05.
- Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg. – 02.
- Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical Tech. – 04.
Application Fee of Rs. 100/-.
How to Apply
All Candidates are requested to download the Application Form available here and submit the filled up Application Form, Attested copy of relevant mark sheets, along with the receipt of deposition of Application Fee of Rs. 100/-, paid through a challan (obtainable from sales counter, Rajabazar Science College campus, 92, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata-700009) within the due date to the Head, Department of Chemical Technology, 92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata – 700009.
Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 28 June 2019.
Date of Entrance Test: 5 July 2019 (12:00 Noon).
Date of Interview: 12 July 2019 (2 p.m. onwards).