Applications are invited from scholars to a pursue Ph.D. programme in specialized areas of Physical, Life and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Sciences at Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore.
About the Centre:
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore, was founded in 1984 by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) for the pursuit of R&D in the areas of Accelerators, Lasers, and related technologies.
The Centre has excellent cryogenic facilities as well as state-of-the-art equipment for low-temperature physics measurements. A variety of laser systems, particularly high power lasers, have been built and are being used for a wide range of applications.
About the Program:
RRCAT invites students with appropriate qualifications to pursue a Ph.D. program in various specialized areas of Physical, Chemical, Life and Engineering Sciences as listed above. As per the rules of HBNI, the Ph.D. program consists of course work of one-year duration and research work leading to the Ph.D. thesis.
The Ph.D. 2019 program will commence on 1st August 2019.
DAE Research Fellowships will be offered to those selected for the pursuit of Ph.D. The present fellowship amount is ₹ 31,000/- per month for the first two years (as Junior Research Fellow) and ₹ 35,000/- per month for the subsequent three years (as Senior Research Fellow), subject to satisfactory yearly progress.
- For Physical Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Physics with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-2019) and/or CSIR-UGC NET (December 2017 or June/December 2018: JRF, not lecturership).
- For Life Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/biochemistry/ microbiology with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (December 2017 or June/ December 2018: JRF, not lecturership)/ BET-2018/ GATE (i.e., GATE-2017/ GATE-2018/ GATE-2019).
- For Engineering Sciences: Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree in Mechanica /Thermal/ Production/Mechatronics Engineering/Manufacturing/ Material Science, with First class or at least 60% marks or at least 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale and must have qualified GATE (i.e., GATE-2017/ GATE-2018/ GATE-2019). The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Materials Engineering.
- Those applicants who are completing the qualifying degree in summer of 2018 can also apply, provided they have a minimum of 60% overall marks in the completed semesters. If selected, the final degree mark sheet should be submitted by 1st November 2019.
The selection of the students for the Ph.D. programme will be a two-step process:
- Screening of the applications, followed by
- An interview of the short-listed candidates by the Selection Committees.
How to Apply:
- Registration will start online on 16th March 2019.
- The last date for online submission is 18th April 2019.
For further information, click here.