National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad invites applications for admission to its Ph.D. Programme in Design. The Ph.D. programme will be offered in a part-time format only this year.
About the Ph.D. Programme:
The Ph.D. programme in Design aims to promote deep reflection, inquiry, and rigor in the development and dissemination of new ideas, expressions, and skills in the field of design and allied fields.
It shall lead to their meaningful manifestations in the form of new design collections, objects, communication, services, strategies, etc. The work shall contribute new theories and knowledge to design, design education and design practice.
The purpose of the programme is to support the creation of products or services that improve the quality of life of people, meet demands to sustain the environment, improve policymaking; and better the understanding and use of design in industry, education, and society at large.
- Master’s degree in design from an accredited institution or recognized university or
PG Diploma Programme in Design from the NID, Advanced Entry Programme or five-year School Leavers’ Professional Education Programme Diploma in Design from the NID.
- Applicants with a master’s degree in areas relevant to design such as Architecture, Fine Arts, Applied Arts, etc. may also apply. Such applicants shall have at least one recognized degree, either undergraduate or postgraduate, in Design.
- Bachelor’s degree in design (B. Des.) from NID or NID’s Graduate Diploma Programme in Design or four-year School Leavers’ Professional Education Programme Diploma in Design, with at least three years of professional or teaching experience or both.
- Individuals who have successfully completed a Faculty Development Programme in Design (two years or more duration) from NID or any other university recognized by the UGC.
- Last date for submitting the application: April 18, 2019.
- Downloading Admit Cards for Design Research Test (DRT): May 8, 2019.
- Design Research Test (DRT) at NID: May 20, 2019.
- Interviews and presentations by selected candidates: May 22-24, 2019.
- The announcement of Results: June 7, 2019.
- Seat allotment, document verification & fee payment: June 21, 2019.
- Ph.D. programme commencement: July 15, 2019.
- Application Fee for admission to the Ph.D. programme: INR 5000.
- SC/ST and PH Categories: INR 2500.
Click here to apply.
- Phone: +91 79 2662 9683
- Email: phdadmissions[at]nid.edu