Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhubaneswar invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programme from eligible candidates for the year 2019-20 in the following categories:
(1)Institute Scholar (2)Sponsored Scholar (3)Project Scholar (Projects running at IIT Bhubaneswar). Apply by April 11.
- School of Basic Sciences.
- School of Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences.
- School of Electrical Sciences.
- School of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Management.
- School of Infrastructure (Civil Engineering).
- School of Mechanical Sciences.
- School of Minerals, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
For Institute Scholar
Candidates who possess the stipulated qualifications are eligible for admission into the Ph. D. Programme for full-time with Institute Research Assistantship or UGC/CSIR-NET Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or any other doctoral fellowship offered by Govt. of India.
For Sponsored Scholar
- The sponsored candidates are not eligible for Institute Research Assistantship
- They must meet the same requisite standards of marks/grades in their qualifying degree and other examinations as mentioned above.
- They must also be in continuous service for at least three (3) years in any one of the following organizations, where appropriate R & D facilities exist:
- Departments and Ministries of the Government of India or any other government organization.
- Established industrial research and developmental organizations.
- Recognized autonomous bodies and public undertakings.
- Recognized universities/colleges.
For Project Scholar
- The scholars working in sponsored research projects at IIT Bhubaneswar can apply for the Ph.D. Programme if they meet the applicable eligibility criteria for admission,
- Have at least two years of fellowship tenure remaining, counting from the academic session or semester in which they are seeking admission.
For Programme wise Eligibility Criteria, click here.
- For General and OBC Candidates: Rs. 500.
- For SC/ST/PwD Candidates: Rs. 250.
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
How to apply?
Click here to apply.
April 11, 2019.
Email ID: office.acad[at]iitbbs.ac.in