Department of Humanities and Social Sciences of BITS Pilani, Hyderabad invites applications for its Ph.D. Programme for the 2019-20 session.
- Linguistics and Phonetics, Cognitive and Behavioural Sciences.
- Philosophy of Literature, Indian Madhyamaka Philosophy.
- Spiritual Poetry, Indian English Poetry.
- South Asian Fiction, Post-Colonial Literature, Comparative Literature.
- Disability Studies, Medical Humanities.
- Cultural Studies, Crime, and Ethics, Trauma Studies, Minority Literature.
- English Language Teaching
- Gender and Science, Science and Technology Studies, Disaster Management.
- Public Administration, Political Ecology.
- Urban Sociology, Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Development Studies, Public Policy.
A candidate shall be admitted as a regular Ph.D. student and are entitled to claim one of the following:
- Institute Assistantship: Starting from INR 31,000/- per month in the first year, with increments in subsequent years.
- Project position(s): Assistantship supported through sponsored projects of faculty members. The amount depends on the funding agency.
- Their own merit scholarship: CSIR/UGC JRF, etc.
- Candidates already employed in educational, research and development organizations, preferably living close to the campus, may register as part-time candidates.
- They will have to complete the required course work similar to that of full-time candidates.
- They will not be entitled to any assistantship from the Institute.
- 55% or equivalent CGPA or above in Masters.
- The academic background should match the desired research area.
- Research area should preferably match the research area of the potential Ph.D. supervisor.
- Qualifying exam followed by personal interview.
- Candidates with M.Phil. and/or NET qualification will proceed directly to a personal interview.
Click here to apply.
Rs. 2400. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Last date for receipt of online application form: May 16, 2019 (5.00 PM).
- Shortlisted candidates for selection procedure: May 31, 2019.
- Test/Interviews: July 19, 2019.
- List of offers to Ph.D. Program: July 23, 2019.
- Reporting of selected students at respective campuses: July 29, 2019.
- Registration for courses: August 8, 2019.
For Issues related to the online application form, you can send email to