Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Programme at IIM Jammu. Eligible candidates should apply by April 30.
About the Programme:
IIM Jammu’s doctoral programme aims to admit individuals with exceptional academic background, strong motivation and discipline, and potential to become excellent researchers at the international level.
It is expected that research scholars will come from a variety of disciplines ranging from social sciences and humanities to physical sciences and engineering.
Applicants are evaluated on their past academic achievements, motivation, and preparation for the programme, letters of recommendation, scores on standard tests, and a personal interview with the faculty.
- Master’s degree in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade point average; Or
- Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade point average; Or
- Five-year/four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent; Or
- Four Year/Eight Semester Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech./ B. Arch.) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
- Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply.
- Age Limit: Candidate must not be more than 40 years as on 1st June 2019.
Full-time Research Scholars will receive a scholarship which covers all academic expenses (consisting of tuition, computer, library fees) and hostel fee.
- 1st and 2nd Year: Rs.30,000 per month
- 3rd and 4th Year: Rs.35,000 per month
Additional Financial Support
- Contingency Grant: Rs.30,000 per year for four years.
- To purchase Laptop: Rs.50,000 per one time grant.
- To attend Conferences: Rs.2,00,000 during Ph.D. Programme (including for max 3 national conferences) after completion of Comprehensive Exam.
- General: Rs. 1000.
- SC, ST, EWS, and DAP: Rs. 500.
How to apply?
- The Ph.D. application form can be downloaded from here.
- A candidate may apply maximum in two areas in two separate application forms along with all relevant documents.
- Please send your completed application along with the relevant supports and the required DD through SPEED POST ONLY on or before 30th April 2019 (Tuesday) to:
Admissions Office (Doctoral Programme), Indian Institute of Management Jammu,
Old University Campus, Canal Road, Jammu – 180016.
- Issue of application form begins: 28th March 2019.
- Last date of receiving application form: 30th April 2019.
- Interview Date0: 29th-30th May 2019.
- Commencement of Programme: Fourth Week of June 2019.
Phone No.: 0191-2585837