Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites application for admission to the Ph.D. Program (April 2019 session) in various domains of disease biology. Apply by April 16.
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Chemical/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE/KSCSTE/other fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination. These fellowships must be valid six months from the date of Advertisement.
- Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark (CGPA – 7.0) for the qualifying degree.
- SC/ST candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks (CGPA-5.5) for their qualifying degree.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on April 01, 2019.
A limited number of institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship.
This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of two years during which they will be strongly encouraged to seek their own fellowships from external agencies so that the Ph.D. program continues uninterrupted.
- Applicants need to pay a fee of Rs. 1000.
- SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
The last date for receiving completed applications is April 16, 2019.
Click here to apply.
- Last date for submission of online application: April 16, 2019.
- Date to download Admit Card: April 23, 2019.
- Date of selection test: April 28, 2019.
- Announcement of results of selection test: April 28, 2019.
- Selection interviews: April 28-29, 2019.
- Announcement of the final list of candidates: May 01, 2019.
Email: lekshmir[at]rgcb.res.in, ramyarajan[at]rgcb.res.in