Ph.D. Admissions at Bose Institute, Kolkata: Apply by April 14 [Extended]
Acharya J.C. Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent, established Bose Institute in 1917. The Institute was set up as Asia’s first interdisciplinary research centre and bears a century-old tradition of excellence in research. The Institute recruits students to its Ph.D. programme twice a year, for sessions beginning tentatively in January and July.
Interviews for the session beginning tentatively in July 2020 will be held during April 1- 7, 2020 from 10:30 onwards at the Centenary campus of Bose Institute, Kankurgachi, P-1/12, C.I.T. Scheme VII M, Kolkata 700054.
- Chemical, Interdisciplinary, Life and Physical Sciences
- Candidates can apply simultaneously to more than one research area mentioned above.
- Interviews for every research area will be held on a separate day.
Admissible as per Govt. of India rules
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology in Atmospheric/ Agricultural/ Biological/
Chemical/ Computational/ Environmental/ Life/ Physical/ Marine/ Mathematical/ Statistical/
Veterinary Sciences or equivalent with the percentage of marks and timelines which should satisfy the
criteria of JRF award in (1) at the time of joining.
- Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent). It should be valid at the time of admission.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their Master’s degree and in possession of an award of a JRF could also be admitted provisionally, subject to the prevalent JRF rules as well as their: (a) Submitting evidence of the successful completion of their Master’s degree, within six months of joining the PhD programme. (b) Award of JRF should be valid on the date of submission of their Master’s degree.
Below 28 years as on the day on which the application is made (relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates only as per rule)
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should register online here
- In case of any difficulty during online registration, please email email@example.com
- An online acknowledgement receipt will be generated on successful registration.
- Candidates must produce this acknowledgement receipt for the interview. No candidate will be entertained for an interview without this receipt.
- Candidates appearing for the interview on April 1- 7, 2020 will have to bring original documents (testimonials, mark sheets, certificates, etc)
Shortlist and selection
- The shortlist of candidates selected at the interviews will be posted on the Institute website.
- It should be especially noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission.
- Once the shortlist of candidates is posted on the Institute website, information on the future course of action and the timelines thereof will be mentioned on the Institute website or will be communicated to the candidates through e-mail or phone.
April 14, 2020, at 6 PM.
Phone Number: +91-33-2355-9219
For official notification click here
About the Author
I'm a 20-year-old boy with endless entrepreneurial ideas. I believe that one day, the world will remember me for something good. Currently founder at Law Exam Today & Project Sankalp. I believe in turning failures into success.