Applications are open for the Ph.D. Admissions 2020 (Monsoon Session) in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics & Biostatistics at the Regional Centre for Biotechnology under Department of Biotechnology and UNESCO. Apply by June 15.
About the Institution:
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an institution of national importance, created by an Act of Parliament, established by Government of India through the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the auspices of UNESCO.
RCB has emerged as a pioneering institute for research in Biotechnology and is defining new horizons in providing world-class education, training, and research at the interface of multiple disciplines for the benefit of mankind.
About the Program:
The Centre offers a doctoral program leading to the award of the Ph.D. degree to students holding a post-graduate degree (or an equivalent) in any field of Science, medicine, or technology. The selected students are required to undergo a course work followed by research leading to a doctoral thesis under the mentorship of its faculty
The programme is suited to candidates having interest to work at the interface of multiple disciplines in the areas related (but not limited) to structural biology, molecular medicine, infectious disease biology, agricultural biotechnology, systems and synthetic biology, cancer & cell biology.
No of seats:
- Qualifications: MSc/MTech in any branch of Life Sciences/Chemistry/MPharma/
MVSc/ MBBS or an equivalent degree.
- Qualifying Marks: 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in the qualifying degree
examination (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC allowed as per the GoI norms).
- Candidates should have qualified any of the following examinations and hold a valid fellowship offer at the time of interview like.
- Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF).
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE).
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF).
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF).
- Any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government.
The students admitted to the programme will have to avail the fellowship for which they have qualified as per the rules of the funding agency. RCB will have no financial liability regarding the same.
Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
Selected candidates shall receive a consolidated stipend of Rs. 45000 per month for the first two years of the programme and Rs. 50000 for the next three years. The stipend shall be subject to taxes as per Govt. of India rules. Continuation of stipend is subject to satisfactory progress made by the student to be evaluated annually.
How to apply?
Click here to apply.
- Application Deadline: June 15.
- Written test & Interview of the short-listed candidates: 02-03 July 2020.
For any queries, please write to registar[at]rcb.res.in
For official notifications, click the links below.
You may also be interested in: