Applications are open for the Ph.D. Admissions 2019 at the Regional Centre for Biotechnology under Department of Biotechnology and UNESCO. Apply by May 20.
About the Institution:
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an institution of national importance, created by an Act of Parliament, established by Government of India through the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the auspices of UNESCO.
RCB has emerged as a pioneering institute for research in Biotechnology and is defining new horizons in providing world-class education, training, and research at the interface of multiple disciplines for the benefit of mankind.
About the Program:
The Centre offers a doctoral program leading to the award of the Ph.D. degree to students
holding a post-graduate degree (or an equivalent) in any field of Science, medicine, or
The program is suited to candidates having the interest to work at the interface of multiple disciplines in the areas related (but not limited) to structural systems, synthetic and chemical biology, virology, plant biotechnology, molecular medicine, analysis of complex diseases, drug discovery strategies.
- Qualifications: MSc/MTech in any branch of Life Sciences/Chemistry/MPharma/
MVSc/ MBBS or an equivalent degree.
- Qualifying Marks: 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in the qualifying degree
examination (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC allowed as per the GoI norms).
- Candidates should have qualified any of the following examinations and hold a valid fellowship offer at the time of interview like.
- Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF).
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE).
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF).
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF).
- Any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government.
The students admitted to the programme will have to avail the fellowship for which they have qualified as per the rules of the funding agency. RCB will have no financial liability regarding the same.
- Laboratory Fees: Rs. 6000 per semester.
- Academic Administration Fees: Rs. 5000 per semester.
- Medical Fees: Rs. 3000 per semester.
- Student Amenities Fees: Rs. 1000 per semester.
- Caution Fees: Rs. 5000 (once, at the time of admission, refundable).
- Thesis Examination Fees: Rs. 10000 (at the time of submission of the thesis).
- Application Deadline: May 20.
- Written test & Interview of the short-listed candidates: June 20-21.
Click here to apply.
For any queries, please write to registar[at]rcb.res.in