Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the M.Sc. in Agriculture Analytics, which is jointly organized by DA-IICT, Gandhinagar, Anand Agriculture University, Anand, and Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, ISRO Dehradun.
About the Organisation
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, is a private Self-financed University/Institute located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
It is named after the Gujarati entrepreneur and Reliance group founder Dhirubhai Ambani.
Anand Agricultural University is located in the western Indian state of Gujarat between the cities of Vadodara and Ahmedabad.
This was formerly the Anand Campus of Gujarat Agricultural University, which is now independent.
The Indian Space Research Organisation is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bengaluru.
It operates under the Department of Space which is directly overseen by the Prime Minister of India, while Chairman of ISRO acts as executive of DOS as well.
About the Program
The program is aimed at nurturing students, with insights and the know-how to take the sector into the future.
The course will introduce students to concepts of data analytics, viz. descriptive, predictive and prescriptive, in agriculture and will empower the students to eliminate speculative farming and usher in the age of predictive agriculture. This is a multidisciplinary program of agriculture and data analytics.
Semester I (Fundamental and Remedial courses)
- Python Programming and Database with SQL
- Analytics / Statistical methods
- Earth Observations (EO) Systems
- Preparatory Mathematics (for biology background students)
- Basics of Agricultural Science (for mathematics background students)
Value Added Course
Spatial Analysis with ArcGIS® Pro by ESRI India of 30 hrs
Semester II (Technology courses and Satellite data processing)
- Big data analytics
- Machine learning
- Programming for Geodata Processing
- Spatial Modeling and Data Assimilation
Semester III (Domain courses)
- Crops & Soil Analytics
- Weather and Water Analytics
- Agriculture Market Analytics
- Risk Analysis and Modeling
Semester IV (Project / Internship)
Value Added Courses (Proposed)
|ESRI Inia||ESRI Inia Spatial Analysis with ArcGIS® Pro||5 days (30 hrs)|
|IBM India||Enhanced weather forecast- Temperature Humidity, Rainfall, Wind etc||5 days (30 hrs)|
|Amnex||AI in Agri Technology Business||5 days (30 hrs)|
|SATSURE||Crop Yield Modeling||5 days (30 hrs)|
|SATSURE||Microwave data proces||2 days (10 hrs)|
|Analytics Vidhya||Visualisation and Storytelling Tools||2 days (10 hrs)|
|Invited lectures by academia and industries experts||8 -10 of one hour each|
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
- Dr Ranendu Ghosh (Professor, DA-IICT); Email: email@example.com
- Dr M. K. Jhala (Director of Research, AAU); Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr S.K. Srivastava (Dean, IIRS); Email: email@example.com
Note: This is a sponsored post.