The Centre for Library and Information Management, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai invites applications for admission to the P.G. Diploma in Digital Library & Information Management for the upcoming academic session.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education and was founded in 1936 in then Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. In 1944, the institute was officially renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and in 1964, the Government of India declared TISS as a deemed university under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLISc) or Masters of Library and Information Science (MLISc) from any recognized university.
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant work experience.
- Scheduled Castes SC: 15% of the total seats.
- Scheduled Tribes ST: 7.5% of the total seats.
- The seats reserved for the SC/ST shall be filled by the SC/ST candidates only. However, in the case of non-availability of the eligible candidates, the reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC & ST. If still, any seat remains unfilled, the same shall be left vacant.
- Other Backward Classes OBC (Non-Creamy Layers).: 27% of the total seats.
The seats reserved for the OBCs shall be filled with the OBC candidates only. Only if OBC candidates possessing the minimum eligibility marks are not available in the OBC category then the vacant OBC seats shall be converted into General Category seats in accordance with the admission schedule notified by the Institute.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is October 21, 2020.
The personal interview for shortlisted candidates will be held on October 31, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.