IIM Bangalore invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Pedagogical Research Associate for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
IIMB believes in the disruptive power of technology and is committed to leveraging digital channels to bring our motto of radiant learning to life.
The Institute aims to achieve this goal by offering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) starting from July 2015 through edX, a not-for-profit online initiative of Harvard and MIT that offers online courses from the world’s best universities and organizations.
About the Position:
The Pedagogical Research Associate will provide complete support for individual faculty members for Course design, Content research, Creation of digital courseware (videos, presentations, reading the material, etc.), Online assessment strategy, and Course authoring.
The role also includes liaising with MOOC support teams such as editors, cameramen, and instructional designers. Management of course delivery (TA role), Course QA and testing are an integral part of the role.
This position is offered on contract and renewable subsequently. Remuneration will be based on Institute norms and the applicant’s qualification and experience.
Delivering online course by working closely with the faculty and MOOC team in terms of:
- Course Design defines the details of the course.
- Content creation and research including preparing reading materials and assessments.
- Video recording including assisting for the video shoots, working closely with the camera team in deciding the location and visuals.
- Technical course authoring by creating the course on the edX Platform.
- Video editing support for the videos produced which includes preparing edit notes and visual resources (powerpoint slides, images, etc.) as required by working closely with the Instructional Designer.
- Course TA (Teaching Assistantship) including monitoring the course once it goes live in terms of active participation in the discussion forum as well as revising the course, as per learner/instructor feedback.
- Strong command over written and spoken English.
- Well versed with MS Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of online creative and visual tools is an added advantage.
- Behavioral competencies such as leadership, teamwork, flexibility, communication, and initiative.
- Candidate should have a Master’s degree in an area pertaining to business and management.
- 1-3 years’ work experience is desirable.
Click here to apply.
Closing date for applications is June 14, 2019.