Launched in 2017, PDAG is a policy start-up, which aims to have meaningful engagement with elected representatives, policymakers, civil society organizations and educational institutions to drive people-centric public policy in India. DevChain Analytics, a sister concern of PDAG aims to foster a data-driven approach in policy decision-making and implementation of development programmes.
Currently, PDAG/DevChain Analytics is seeking to hire Summer Associates for its Policy Research and Media Outreach operations, to work with the core team on a political consulting assignment for a key regional political party in Jharkhand.
The summer associates will work under the direct supervision of the core team of PDAG/DevChain Analytics. The persons will undertake the following activities:
- Assist the core team in researching important policy issues required to be raised on at the political party’s official social media handle(s)
- Coordinate with the social media team to curate and disseminate content on policy issues concerning Jharkhand on different platforms
- Assist in creating policy dossiers and memos for the political party for policy dialogues and other media interactions
- Monitor and summarize daily policy and media developments, archive press clippings and newspaper reports regarding important policy issues in Jharkhand
- The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree or currently enrolled in a Master’s degree programme in Development Studies, Social Work, Public Policy, Anthropology, Economics, Sociology, Political Science and/or related subjects.
- Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in Hindi and English. Knowledge of any local language would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated research abilities. Knowledge of statistical software such as Stata, SPSS would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is mandatory. Skills in using design softwares would be advantageous but is not mandatory.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Women, Dalit, Adivasi and ethnic/religious minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
8 weeks, starting anytime after April 5, 2018.
A stipend will be paid to the candidate and all work-related costs will be covered.
How to apply
Interested candidates may send a one page resume along with a 300 word statement of interest to email@example.com in by March 20, 2018.
For official notification, click here.