The Policy & Development Advisory Group (PDAG) is a policy start-up, which aims to have a meaningful engagement with elected representatives, policymakers, civil society organizations, and educational institutions to drive people-centric public policy in India.
Currently, PDAG is seeking to hire Summer Associates to work with the survey operations and strategic advisory teams for a period of two months. The selected candidates will be based out of Ranchi with extensive travels across Jharkhand.
The Summer Associates will work under the direct supervision of the core team of PDAG. The persons will undertake the following activities:
- Assist the teams in field operations and management of youth-centric policy dialogues
- Assist the strategic advisory team in desk research and content curation.
- Assist the survey operations team in conducting household surveys, focus group interviews and field level training of field investigators
- Assist the team in undertaking extensive field visits, logistics management and planning for a community level outreach campaign.
The candidate would be expected to fulfil other responsibilities as per the demands of the engagement.
- The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree or currently enrolled in a Master’s or Professional degree programme in Development Studies, Social Work, Public Policy, Anthropology, Economics, Sociology, Political Science and/or related subjects.
- Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in Hindi and English. Knowledge of any local language especially Santhali/tribal dialects would be an added advantage.
- Communication: Ability to speak, write and present in a clear, precise and logical manner.
- Teamwork: Attitude and aptitude to work with a vibrant young team in a challenging environment. Ability to cope with pressure and willingness to innovate and take responsibilities.
Dalit, Adivasi and ethnic/religious minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
A stipend, based on the overall performance of Summer Associates, will be paid to the selected candidates and any work-related costs will be covered.
How to apply
Interested candidates may send a one-page resume along with a 300 words statement of interest to email@example.com in by 10th April 2019.
For any queries, please contact Aditya Ranjan, Phone No. 9725444130, Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.