TISS Mumbai invites applications for the post of Part Time Project cum Research Assistant at iCALL Psychosocial Helpline, TISS. Interested candidates can check out full details below.
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone, email and chat.
The helpline currently runs six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 AM to 10 PM. Apart from service provision, iCALL engages in various research, capacity building and outreach efforts independently and in partnership with State Governments and NGOs across the country.
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator at iCALL, and will work with tasks related to EAP partnerships of iCALL. They shall assist with the following:
- Constructing the quantitative and qualitative tools and formats for undertaking data collection
- Carrying out data entry, analysis & report writing
- Carrying out communication with partners for understanding key requirements
- Developing a framework of offering effective counselling services while adopting a psychosocial lens to support expansion
- Working with partner agencies to expand helpline services in newer geographies
- Developing practice framework for sustainable expansion
- Scheduling & undertaking training for expansion
- Documenting project activities & developing reports
- Managing administrative processes within TISS for implementation of the project
- Have a post-graduate degree in mental health or allied sciences from a recognized university
- Have good theoretical and practical knowledge of counselling
- Have at least two years worth of experience of practicing counselling, training and research
- Be extremely fluent with reading and writing in English
- Be detail & goal oriented
- Should be able to work independently
The position is for duration of 4 months, and will be extended depending on performance. This is a part time position based out of Mumbai.
The candidate will be offered a salary of 20000 per month.
How to apply?
Desirous candidates may send their resumé to icallhelpline[at]gmail.com on or before 6th November 2020 with a subject line ‘Application for the post of Part-Time Research Assistant’. Late applications shall not be entertained. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Tanuja Babre, ProgrammeCoordinator
Contact : contact.icall[at]tiss.edu