Online Applications are invited from eligible and qualified candidates for the admission to 6 semesters (3 years) part-time postgraduate programs in various Engineering branches at Osmania University, Hyderabad.
Osmania University is a collegiate public state university located in University town, Hyderabad, India, and founded in 1918. It was established by and named after Mir Osman Ali Khan, the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad.
- M.E. Structural Engineering
- M.E. Digital Systems Engineering
- M.E. Systems & Signal Processing
- M.E. Microwave & Radar Engineering
- M.E. Industrial Drives & Control
- M.E. Power Systems
- M.E. Production Engineering
- M.E. Automation & Robotics
- M.E. Turbo Machinery
- M.Tech. Computer Science & Engg.
For M.E./ M.Tech (Part-Time) programs – 6 Semester (3 years) in Civil, CSE, ECE, EE, and Mech the eligibility requirements are as follows:
- B.E/B.Tech from any Recognized University in the concerned discipline, or it’s equivalent.
- AMIE/ AMIETE or similar qualifications recognized as equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech.
- For M.E. in the Department of CIVIL, ECE, EE, and Mech. B.E. /B.Tech. /AMIE / AMIETE Degree in concerned discipline or its equivalent from any recognized University.
- For M.Tech in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering B.E./ B.Tech./ AMIE/ AMIETE in any branch of Engg./ Tech. equivalent Masters Degree, in Physics, Statistics, Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Applied Physics, Geophysics, M.Sc. (Comp. Sc.), M.Sc. (Information Systems), (Computer Applications and Electronics) and MCA from any recognized University.
- Minimum of one year experience, as on 30th June 2020, reckoned from the date of qualifying degree from a recognized University.
Admissions to all programs will be based on the performance at the entrance test. Candidates who secure a minimum of 36% marks in the Entrance Test under General and Backward Class category and 15% marks under the Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Category will be considered for admission. In case of a tie at the entrance test, the date of birth will be considered and the older candidate will be considered for admission first.
The entrance test will be held on August 2, 2020.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The M.E./M.Tech (Part-Time courses) – 6-semester program is offered only in the evening from 6.10 PM to 9.30 PM.
- Part-Time programs in a particular specialization may not be offered if less than ten candidates qualify and seek admission for it.
- Part-Time programs are self-supporting programs.
- Admissions under ST, SC and BC categories will be made as per the State Govt. rules and regulations in force at the time of admission.
- The last date to apply is June 30, 2020.
- The Provisional List of Eligible Candidates for the Entrance Test will be displayed by July 21, 2020.
Phone Number: 91 40 27098254
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Ph.D. & M.Sc Admissions 2020 at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai: Apply by May 31.